[comp.lang.pascal] Pascal to C translator

paige@cg-d.UUCP (Tom Paige X5041) (03/17/87)

Hi,

     I'm looking for a Turbo Pascal to C translator.  I saw it mentioned on
     the net, but I didn't catch whether one was available or where.  If
     such a beast exists, could someone e-mail me some information, or
     numbers of BBS's where it might be available?

     Thanks.

     Tom Paige
     Compugraphic Corp.
     Wilmington, Ma.
     ...!decvax!cg-d!paige

crm@romeo.cs.duke.edu (Charlie Martin) (05/30/90)

I know this has been discussed before -- but I never thought I'd need one
so I ignored the discussion.  Is anyone aware of a pascal to C translator
that can be obtained easily and for little $$.  Ideal would be sources
for one that can be freely used (redistribution isn't an issue.)

Thanks,

Charlie Martin (...!mcnc!duke!crm, crm@summanulla.mc.duke.edu)
O: NBSR/One University Place/Suite 250/Durham, NC  27707/919-490-1966
H: 13 Gorham Place/Durham, NC 27705/919-383-2256

eldred@de_csi.jpl.nasa.gov (Dan Eldred) (05/30/90)

In article <19903@duke.cs.duke.edu> crm@romeo.cs.duke.edu (Charlie Martin) writes:

> [stuff deleted] . . .      Is anyone aware of a pascal to C translator
>that can be obtained easily and for little $$.  Ideal would be sources

Try the p2c program at labrea.stanford.edu.  I have used it and it seems
to work quite well. It is for unix machines, and I have used it on both
a Sun Sparc and a Sun 3/60.  There are some interesting demo programs,
including a simple BASIC interpreter which works both in its original
Pascal language and in C, after translation.  p2c is written in C, of course.

			--Dan Eldred

napi@rangkom.MY (Mohd Hanafiah b. Abdullah) (09/07/90)

Dear netters,

I'm looking for a Pascal to C translator.  If you happen to have
one could you please send me a copy by email.  I don't have access
to anonymous ftp.

Thanks in advance.

Hanafiah

paul%zeus@swanee.ee.uwa.oz.au (Paul Ostergaard) (09/10/90)

I apologise if this is a commonly asked question, but I require
a Pascal to C translator (preferably a reasonably good one...).

Is there an FTP archive site containing it?

If anyone out there has knowledge of such a beast,
could you please Email your responses to me.

Thanking you in advance,

Paul Ostergaard,

paul@swanee.ee.uwa.oz.au

srlncnc@badger.dosli.govt.nz (Chris Crook) (12/07/90)

Can anyone suggest a good Pascal to C translator.  Ideally it should
work with VAX extensions to Pascal.

Please note that I cannot readily obtain files via ftp.

pwj@ely.cl.cam.ac.uk (Paul Jardetzky) (02/28/91)

I am looking for a Pascal or Turbo Pascal to C translater
written with Lex and Yacc.

Pointers to information would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Paul Jardetzky <pwj@uk.ac.cam.cl>