[comp.lang.pascal] Pascal to 68000 assembly lang translator/compiler

mikes@mlacus.oz (Michael Stone) (02/27/91)

Does any one know of a Pascal to 68000 assembly ( or object code )
translator/compiler in public domain or otherwise.

Thanks in advance

Michael

 _--_|\     Michael Stone                            ACSnet mikes@mlacus.oz
/ ACUS \
\_.--._/    The Australian Centre For Unisys Software
      v     Level 14, 390 St Kilda Road, Melbourne, Vic 3004

ts@uwasa.fi (Timo Salmi) (02/28/91)

In article <730@mlacus.oz> mikes@mlacus.oz (Michael Stone) writes:
>Does any one know of a Pascal to 68000 assembly ( or object code )
>translator/compiler in public domain or otherwise.
:

   I may be completely on a wrong track, and may misunderstand the
question, but the (late) Sinclair QL (68000 based) has a Computer
One Pascal compiler that is very near the ISO standard.  If you need
more information on that compiler, you'll have to contact QL user's
club QUANTA in England.  (The compiler is not a bad one).  Prospero
and MetaComco also have 68000 Pascals but there my experiences were
not good.
   But this really is a shot in the dark and probably a
misinterpretation of the query.

Prof. Timo Salmi
Moderating at garbo.uwasa.fi anonymous ftp archives 128.214.12.37

drc@claris.com (Dennis Cohen) (02/28/91)

mikes@mlacus.oz (Michael Stone) writes:

>Does any one know of a Pascal to 68000 assembly ( or object code )
>translator/compiler in public domain or otherwise.

If you're on a Macintosh, you can probably still find a copy of TML Pascal II
on a remainder shelf somewhere.  It has an option to generate assembly output
rather than a binary object.