[comp.lang.pascal] Wanted: good general make utility for msdos

kushmer@bnlux0.bnl.gov (christopher kushmerick) (03/08/91)

I am looking for a good gerneral purpose make utility. I want to use it
with various compilers, in various languages, so it must be flexible.

Public domain would be best, but shareware or commercial would also be of
interest.

Thanks,
--
Chris Kushmerick                                 kciremhsuK sirhC
kushmer@bnlux0.bnl.gov    <===Try this one first

ajayshah@alhena.usc.edu (Ajay Shah) (03/09/91)

In article <2634@bnlux0.bnl.gov> kushmer@bnlux0.bnl.gov (christopher kushmerick) writes:

>I am looking for a good gerneral purpose make utility. I want to use it
>with various compilers, in various languages, so it must be flexible.

MKS Make is outstanding.  Actually, MKS Toolkit is terrific and
MKS Make fits in well with MKS Toolkit so it's kindof neat doing
both.  Programmer's Shop has an educational price on MKS
products.  MKS Make comes pre-loaded with a C orientation but I was
able to fluently use it with Turbo Pascal.  MKS Toolkit was the
best bit of OS-type software I ever got for a PC compatible -- never
mind the gunk Microsoft tries to dish out.

If you need it, MKS RCS closes off the MKS trio and gives you the
best development environment I know of on the PC.  Now if only
they would write 386-aware versions...

Ajay Shah, (213)734-3930, ajayshah@usc.edu
                              The more things change, the more they stay insane.