[comp.lang.pascal] TP 6.0 Complete Reference,Turbo Vision.

mjducey@rodan.acs.syr.edu (Matthew J. Ducey) (03/06/91)

In the book, 'Turbo Pascal 6: The Complete Reference', chapter 21 goes
into Turbo Vision. Has anyone typed this example? Have you gotten it
to work?  Does anyone have a handle on this?  Can anyone handle some
questions?
Thanks
Matthew

--
 But I still like my ST...         HP-48SX            CIS      70521,373
 SOCEUR (A)                                         Bitnet    mjducey@suvm

dancey@milton.u.washington.edu (Mikel Stromberg) (03/06/91)

In article <1991Mar6.004238.7963@rodan.acs.syr.edu> mjducey@rodan.acs.syr.edu (Matthew J. Ducey) writes:
>In the book, 'Turbo Pascal 6: The Complete Reference', chapter 21 goes
>into Turbo Vision. Has anyone typed this example? Have you gotten it
>to work?  Does anyone have a handle on this?  Can anyone handle some
>questions?
>Thanks

I've gotten the entire app to work, although it's difficult.  You have to
include all the standard TVision units in the beginning, or it won't know
what to do with most of the code (a step conveniently left out of the
instructions.... grr.)

I've used the insights I got from the example to construct the beginnings
of a Turbo Vision BBS (which I call the VisionBBS).  It uses the Idle procedure
to poll a buffer for incoming characters from the serial port (using my OSIO
TPU).  You can figure out most of the dialog box manipulation tricks using
the Card APP example, but it almost completely ignores fundamental parts
of the Turbo Vision interface, like the TWindow object, and the use of the
Idle procedure.

Ryan

mjducey@rodan.acs.syr.edu (Matthew J. Ducey) (03/08/91)

Well, I'm just dying here..

This guy says-> dancey@milton.u.washington.edu (Mikel Stromberg)

=I've gotten the entire app to work, although it's difficult.  You
=have to include all the standard TVision units in the beginning, or it
=won't know what to do with most of the code (a step conveniently left
=out of the  instructions.... grr.)

Well I'm just going nuts with it. Could you please send me the code
you typed up so I can see what I'm doing wrong, and so I can get on
with my project. I'd really like to see this thing work so I can get
a better understanding of it.

I'm getting killed on page 751, I get error 150 on the 'TFlashCard.Load'

Also, if I comment all that out, it does not like 'TheFileName' on page
572. HELP.

Matthew

--

seth@wet.UUCP (Seth Olitzky) (03/09/91)

>In the book, 'Turbo Pascal 6: The Complete Reference', chapter 21 goes
>into Turbo Vision. Has anyone typed this example? Have you gotten it
>to work?  Does anyone have a handle on this?  Can anyone handle some
>questions?
>Thanks
>Matthew

I can answer Turbo Vision problems.  I have been
coding in it for about five months since its release.  I consider myself
very
fluent in it.  Try me.  I have even found a real life bug.

.

Seth Olitzky             seth@wet
         ...!sun!hoptoad!wet!seth