[comp.lang.pascal] TPU file transformation

cychao@csun10.cs.uh.edu (Chih-Yu Chao (Dr. S. Huang)) (03/22/91)

 How can I transform the TP's .TPU file into .OBJ file ?

------------------------------------
CY Chao      U. of Houston, Texas
InterNet: cychao@cs.uh.edu
------------------------------------

dmurdoch@watstat.waterloo.edu (Duncan Murdoch) (03/22/91)

In article <1991Mar21.175951.5524@menudo.uh.edu> cychao@csun10.UUCP (PUT YOUR NAME HERE) writes:
> How can I transform the TP's .TPU file into .OBJ file ?

You probably can't.  References to the System unit are by location within it,
so it would be very hard to translate these into External references in the
OBJ that the linker could resolve.

However, if anyone has code to produce an OBJ file, I've got code to decipher
a TPU, so perhaps we could get together and give it a try.  (If anyone wants
a copy of the code, look for INTRFCn.ZIP (where n is 4, 5, 55, or 60) on
garbo.uwasa.fi.  I'm pretty sure all 4 versions are there, but was unable
to get through just now to check.

Duncan Murdoch

mcastle@mcs213d.cs.umr.edu (Mike Castle {Nexus}) (03/22/91)

In article <1991Mar21.175951.5524@menudo.uh.edu> cychao@csun10.UUCP (PUT YOUR NAME HERE) writes:

> How can I transform the TP's .TPU file into .OBJ file ?

On Simtel-20, et al, there is:

Program Name: TPUOBJ.ARC
Directory: PD1:<MSDOS.TURBOPAS>
File Size: 15261

--
Mike Castle (Nexus) S087891@UMRVMA.UMR.EDU (preferred)       | XEDIT: Emacs
                mcastle@mcs213k.cs.umr.edu (unix mail-YEACH!)| on a REAL

ts@uwasa.fi (Timo Salmi) (03/22/91)

In article <1991Mar21.195143.6194@maytag.waterloo.edu> dmurdoch@watstat.waterloo.edu (Duncan Murdoch) writes:
:
>However, if anyone has code to produce an OBJ file, I've got code to decipher
>a TPU, so perhaps we could get together and give it a try.  (If anyone wants
>a copy of the code, look for INTRFCn.ZIP (where n is 4, 5, 55, or 60) on
>garbo.uwasa.fi.  I'm pretty sure all 4 versions are there, but was unable
>to get through just now to check.
>
>Duncan Murdoch

/pc/turbopas
intrfc4.zip     Get interface from TP 4.0 TPU file
intrfc5.zip     Get interface from TP 5.0 TPU file
intrfc55.zip    Get interface from TP 5.5 TPU file
intrfc60.zip    Get interface from TP 6.0 TPU file

Prof. Timo Salmi
Moderating at garbo.uwasa.fi anonymous ftp archives 128.214.12.37