[comp.lang.pascal] Three Dimensional Graphing.

aesch@cellar.UUCP (David Sklar) (03/24/91)

I need some hints (or some code) that will allow me to do 3-D graphing in
mode $13 (320x200x256) under TP6.0 .  Any thoughts?

         David Sklar                 |
v5446e@vm.temple.edu                 |"That says it all to me! I can fight
aesch@cellar.UUCP                    | or I can just lay around!" - Robin
--------------------------------------                          Williams
        I can wiggle my ears.

dmurdoch@watstat.waterloo.edu (Duncan Murdoch) (03/25/91)

In article <y8R0y3w163w@cellar.UUCP> aesch@cellar.UUCP (David Sklar) writes:
>I need some hints (or some code) that will allow me to do 3-D graphing in
>mode $13 (320x200x256) under TP6.0 .  Any thoughts?

There are several possible answers to your question:

If you just want to use that mode, there's a BGI file available from Borland
to do it.  (Or is it now included in TP 6.0?  A quick scan didn't tell me.)

If you want to do scientific graphics in that mode (3-D plots,
etc.), then you might want to buy the Quinn-Curtis Science/Engineering/Graphics
toolkit. It has a lousy interface, but is workable in any BGI supported
graphics mode.

If you want to do general graphics, things like animation, then a better
purchase is the Acromole library, from Acrobits.  It has very fast
primitive graphics routines, including 3-D transformations.
A better interface than QC, but you'll have to do some work to figure it out
since the documentation is pretty ugly.

QC S/E/G tools are available from most mail order houses ($US89, or $US100
list).  Their number is 617-965-5660, in Newton, MA, USA.

Acromole is available only from Acrobits, as far as I know.  It's $US39;
the phone numbers are (800) ACROBITS or (801)966-2580, in Salt Lake City,
UT, USA.

Duncan Murdoch
dmurdoch@watstat.waterloo.edu