[comp.lang.pascal] disregard previous and read this

tpehrson@javelin.es.com (Tim Clinkenpeel) (03/21/91)

i have decided a simple solution to all my problems would be the ability to
print an escape (chr(27)) to the screen as an escape, not as a "<-" character,
in turbo 5.0 (or higher).

is this possible?
--
one two! one two! & through & through /=============================/ hear your
the vorpal blade went snicker-snack! / tpehrson@javelin.sim.es.com / death boon

amead@s.psych.uiuc.edu (alan mead) (03/21/91)

tpehrson@javelin.es.com (Tim Clinkenpeel) writes:

>is this possible?

More than possible, a moderately complete CRT unit using only ANSI
calls is available as ANCRT.ARC (or .ZIP) in the turbo pascal directory
of large FTP sites.

BTW, the author of that unit references another semi-complete CRT unit
whose name escapes me.  Does anyone know of another?

Thanks.

-alan mead : amead@s.psych.uiuc.edu

kristgud@tharkas.is (Kristinn Gudnason) (03/26/91)

amead@s.psych.uiuc.edu (alan mead) writes:

> More than possible, a moderately complete CRT unit using only ANSI
> calls is available as ANCRT.ARC (or .ZIP) in the turbo pascal directory
> of large FTP sites.
>
> Thanks.

Garbo has an ANSICRT Unit.  But it's not fully CRT compatable.
It's in the turbopas directory and called ANSCRT.ARC  (or ANSICRT.ARC).

Hope that help's.
  Kristinn Gudnason

sdalelt@cc.curtin.edu.au (03/27/91)

In article <1991Mar20.180021.29636@javelin.es.com>, tpehrson@javelin.es.com (Tim Clinkenpeel) writes:
> i have decided a simple solution to all my problems would be the ability to
> print an escape (chr(27)) to the screen as an escape, not as a "<-" character,
> in turbo 5.0 (or higher).

> Is this possible?

Yes, provided you re-open the console for output, otherwise it goes to BIOS and
not DOS (and thus ANSI.SYS).

To do this, you need to:

var
  f : text;

begin
  assign(f,'')
  rewrite(f);

Thus, to write to DOS, you'd do "writeln(f, ...)" and "writeln(....)" for
BIOS.

Cheers,
Lincoln.
UUCP:     uunet!munnari.oz!cc.curtin.edu.au!SDALELT
FidoNet:  3:690/627.0@fidonet
Internet: SDALELT@cc.curtin.edu.au
Internet: lincoln_dale@f627.n690.z3.fidonet.org