[comp.lang.pascal] Pascal to C

dillon@uhccux.uhcc.hawaii.edu (Ian Dillon) (10/19/89)

I'm sure this has been asked many times but please bare with me.  I'm
looking for a Pascal to C (and  back again) conversion program.  If
you have experience with one or both of these programs, please e-mail
the account listed below, rather than cluttering up the Internet.

Thanks in advance.

	Ian

P.S.  Should you know of a similar Fortran to C package as well, please
      let me know.

 *  All I really need to know      | Ian Dillon                            *
 *      I learned in kindergarden  |                                       *
 *                                 | BITNET: dillon@uhccux.bitnet          *
 *         > R. Fulgham <          | I-NET: dillon@uhccux.UHCC.HAWAII.EDU  *

acu@mentor.cc.purdue.edu (Floyd McWilliams) (10/24/89)

In article <5164@uhccux.uhcc.hawaii.edu> dillon@uhccux.uhcc.hawaii.edu
  (Ian Dillon) writes:
>I'm sure this has been asked many times but please bare with me.

	What is this, comp.lang.c.nudists?
	(I know, I know, spelling flames are verboten -- just couldn't
resist. :-))

>I'm looking for a Pascal to C (and  back again) conversion program.  If
>you have experience with one or both of these programs, please e-mail
>the account listed below, rather than cluttering up the Internet.

	I'd like to see how a C-to-Pascal conversion program would handle this:

	int	i, *pi;

	pi = &i;

	Or this:

	int	*A;

	A = (int *) malloc((unsigned) (sizeof(int) * 20));
	A[10] = 5;

	Or, for that matter, how a Pascal-to-C converter would take:

	var
	  X : set of char;

	X := ['a','b','c'];
	if 'a' in X then
	  X := X + 'A'
	else
	  X := X * ['b','c'];

	Now I know all these conversions CAN be done (since C and Pascal
are Turing-equivalent).  But can they be done by currently available
programs?  Do C-to-Pascal and Pascal-to-C converters exist?  Do they
work only on small, non-offensive subsets of either language?

>P.S.  Should you know of a similar Fortran to C package as well, please
>      let me know.

	Fortran-to-C does exist, although I don't know any details.

--
"You have angered the great Chac-mool.  You will burn in the fiery pits
 of eternal damnation.  That is all."

bg11+@andrew.cmu.edu (Brian E. Gallew) (03/28/91)

I have seen a Pascal to C translator for TP3.01A to C, but what about TP
5.x or 6.0.

                                  -Brian

You drop the bomb -more-
It goes off... -more-
I am *NOT* as think as you dumb I am!! |  This space for rent (241-6939)