[comp.lang.pascal] Gif-decoder for TP5.5 ?

erwvegm@cs.vu.nl (Erwin van Egmond) (03/27/91)

Hi,
  A while ago I asked if it was possible to show GIF pictures
  from a TP5.5 program.
  I was told that there's a file called gif-pas.zip at the server
  LISTSERV@vm1.nodak.edu.
  So I placed a request and took the file it with me only to find out
  that it can only be used with TP4.0.

  My question : Does someone out there has the source (or TPU)
		for TP5.5?

Thanks in advance,
		Erwin van Egmond <erwvegm@cs.vu.nl>

++ Erwin van Egmond UUCP: ...!mcsun!cs.vu.nl!erwvegm            ++
++								++
++  With a rubber duck, one's never alone		   	++
++	-- "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"		++

dave@tygra.UUCP (David Conrad) (03/28/91)

In article <9498@star.cs.vu.nl> erwvegm@cs.vu.nl (Erwin van Egmond) writes:
>  A while ago I asked if it was possible to show GIF pictures
>  from a TP5.5 program.
>  I was told that there's a file called gif-pas.zip at the server
>  LISTSERV@vm1.nodak.edu.
>  So I placed a request and took the file it with me only to find out
>  that it can only be used with TP4.0.
>
>  My question : Does someone out there has the source (or TPU)
>		for TP5.5?
>
>++ Erwin van Egmond UUCP: ...!mcsun!cs.vu.nl!erwvegm            ++

Why don't you modify it to work with 5.5?  How hard could that be?

Dave Conrad
dave%tygra@sharkey.cc.umich.edu
--
=  CAT-TALK Conferencing Network, Computer Conferencing and File Archive  =
-  1-313-343-0800, 300/1200/2400/9600 baud, 8/N/1. New users use 'new'    -

dave@tygra.UUCP (David Conrad) (04/01/91)

In article <1991Mar28.101409.12226@tygra.UUCP> dave@tygra.UUCP (David Conrad) writes:
>In article <9498@star.cs.vu.nl> erwvegm@cs.vu.nl (Erwin van Egmond) writes:
>>  I was told that there's a file called gif-pas.zip ...
>>  So I placed a request and took the file it with me only to find out
>>  that it can only be used with TP4.0.
>>
>>  My question : Does someone out there has the source (or TPU)
>>		for TP5.5?
>>
>>++ Erwin van Egmond UUCP: ...!mcsun!cs.vu.nl!erwvegm            ++
>
>Why don't you modify it to work with 5.5?  How hard could that be?

I'd like to apologize to Mr. Egmond, who informed me that gif-pas.zip
contains precompiled .TPU's for TP 4.0.  I assumed, incorrectly, when
I saw the 'pas', that this was pure source code.  Of course, there's
no way to modify a .TPU to work with a later version other than to
recompile the source.

There are a few other files perhaps worth looking into at SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL,
available via LISTSERV@VM.ECS.RPI.EDU and LISTSERV@VM1.NODAK.EDU.

In Directory PD1:<MSDOS.GIF>
GIFSRC.ZIP, TP source code for GIF viewer; GIFLIB11.ZIP, TC 2.0 GIF library;
GIF-CSRC.ZIP, C source for GIF viewer; GIF89A.ZIP, GIF 89a specification.

Again, I apologize for my mistake.