[comp.lang.pascal] Looking for trees....

jscott@isis.cs.du.edu (James Scott) (04/06/91)

I'm looking for a good implementation of BTrees for Turbo Pascal 5.0 .
Can anyone suggest one? Also, I've run across discussions of B+, B-,
and B* trees - just variations on a theme, or is there a significant
difference?

Thanx!

James Scott						jscott@isis.UUCP
							scott@gwhs.colorado.edu

ajayshah@alhena.usc.edu (Ajay Shah) (04/06/91)

In article <1991Apr5.172440.15804@mnemosyne.cs.du.edu> jscott@isis.UUCP (James Scott) writes:

>I'm looking for a good implementation of BTrees for Turbo Pascal 5.0 .
>Can anyone suggest one? Also, I've run across discussions of B+, B-,
>and B* trees - just variations on a theme, or is there a significant
>difference?

1. Borland's Database Toolbox is good -- not perfect and not 100%
debugged -- but has not grown for a while now.

2. The people who do Object Professional (TurboPower) do a good
BTree package.  If I had to do a big db application, I'd try
that.
Ajay Shah, (213)734-3930, ajayshah@usc.edu
                             The more things change, the more they stay insane.