[comp.lang.pascal] Version francaise de Turbo-Pascal

lamouche@aurora.physics.utoronto.ca (Guy Lamouche) (04/06/91)

	Borland devait sortir au printemps 91 une version francaise de
Turbo-Pascal 6.0 . J'aimerais savoir si quelqu'un a mis la main sur
cette bete; et si oui, j'aimerais savoir ce qui a ete traduit exactement
et quelle est la qualite de la traduction. J'ai recemment achete la
version anglaise et j'aimerais savoir si je dois m'en mordre les doigts.
	J'aimerais savoir si il existe un site ftp qui contiendrait
plusieurs produits en francais (et specialement des trucs pour
turbo-pascal).
	    Merci a l'avance,
					Guy Lamouche
					penguin.physics.utoronto.ca

ts@uwasa.fi (Timo Salmi) (04/06/91)

In article <1991Apr5.174409.7952@helios.physics.utoronto.ca> lamouche@aurora.physics.utoronto.ca (Guy Lamouche) writes:

>	Borland devait sortir au printemps 91 une version francaise de
>Turbo-Pascal 6.0 . J'aimerais savoir si quelqu'un a mis la main sur
>cette bete; et si oui, j'aimerais savoir ce qui a ete traduit exactement
>et quelle est la qualite de la traduction. J'ai recemment achete la
>version anglaise et j'aimerais savoir si je dois m'en mordre les doigts.

No I don't think you have to regret it.  The simple fact is that
there is so much more useful stuff abound in English for Turbo
Pascal, than in any other language that it is worth you while to go
the English way.

>	J'aimerais savoir si il existe un site ftp qui contiendrait
>plusieurs produits en francais (et specialement des trucs pour
>turbo-pascal).

Not that I directly know of, but that doesn't preclude it.  One
trick would be look around for good French speaking BBSes in Canada,
and see if there are Turbo Pascal groups (Duncan Murdoch might know
better), and try to find pointers to French TP material from there.

The prime language of progamming and the net is English (not a
principle, just the actual, established, and the only sensible
practice).  Being from a very small language group I have learned to
live with it well.  But for the German and French speakers it is not
as self-evident, because these language groups are nearer to the
critical limit of true or imagined self-sufficiency.  But if we
continue to discuss the issue of languages of computing, let's first
think af a suitable group (I don't have an outright suggestion).

Prof. Timo Salmi
Moderating at garbo.uwasa.fi anonymous ftp archives 128.214.12.37