[comp.lang.pascal] tp6 colors

rocker@desire.wright.edu (04/05/91)

I'm having a hard time figuring out what values to have getpalette return.
Can someone give me some pointers?

Thanx

rock hard

seth@wet.UUCP (Seth Olitzky) (04/09/91)

In article <1991Apr5.093707.3108@desire.wright.edu> rocker@desire.wright.edu writes:
>I'm having a hard time figuring out what values to have getpalette return.
>Can someone give me some pointers?

You really need to read about the use of color in Turbo Vision.  Its not
real obvious, but the way colors work is that an objects getpalette returns
an index which is used to map into its owners palette.  The owners palette
contains indexes to its owner and so forth up the heirarchy.  Only the parent
of all (TProgram) actually has a palette that has real colors in it.
Look at the book under all the objects that have palettes such as TDialog
and TWindow, TScrollBar and you will see how each one is built.  Take
a look at some of the examples and it should become clearer.
.

Seth Olitzky             seth@wet
         ...!sun!hoptoad!wet!seth