[comp.lang.pascal] pascal-s

yu@tahoe.unr.edu (Jiyu YU) (04/09/91)

Dear netter :
   I am working on a pascal concurrent programming project. I was told that
I should look into pascals-S (Sepuential Pascal). Does anybody have the pascal-s
source code?  or tell me where to get it (may be by ftp)?
Thanks in advance.

eldred@rrunner.jpl.nasa.gov (Dan Eldred) (04/10/91)

In article <5996@tahoe.unr.edu> yu@tahoe.unr.edu (Jiyu YU) writes:
>Dear netter :
>   I am working on a pascal concurrent programming project. I was told that
>I should look into pascals-S (Sepuential Pascal). Does anybody have the pascal-s
>source code?  or tell me where to get it (may be by ftp)?
>Thanks in advance.

The complete source listing in Pascal is in the book, "PASCAL: The Language
and its Implementation," D.W. Barron, editor, John Wiley & Sons, New York,
1981.  It appears to be a rather complete compiler of a large Pascal subset by
Pascal's original author, N. Wirth.  I think it would be easy to use
Pascal-s to bootstrap Pascal to any computer using interpreted byte-codes
(similar to the UCSD Pascal project).  I never got around to typing it
all in, so if you do so please send me a copy.

		--Dan		eldred@csi.jpl.nasa.gov