[comp.lang.pascal] Timo Salmi's postings

CDCKAB%EMUVM1.BITNET@cunyvm.cuny.edu ( Karl Brendel) (04/16/91)

In article <1991Apr15.074642.3009@uwasa.fi>, Timo Salmi
  (ts@uwasa.fi) wrote:

>In any case, my collective apologies if I have been offending the
>users of comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d, comp.os.msdos,programmer, and
>comp.lang.pascal etc with my activities and postings.  That has
>certainly not been my intention.

Thank you for the FAQ and source archive services you provide, as
well as for your not-infrequent articles which do _not_ involve
"just" pointers to the archives.

The (IMHO erroneous) accusations you've received of being
condescending or otherwise offensive may be inspired by the curtness
of many of your replies. I sympathize with your apparent desire to
make a quick (but useful) response. I have received the same type of
accusations in other fora when making similar pithy replies. I
suggest that you may wish to add suitable sugarcoating to your
boilerplate--trusting that you will keep the sugarcoating light, in
our common interest in reducing public transmissions which are not
of general interest. (Note, however, that your public statements of
pointers serve to reduce traffic by preventing needless additional
public replies.)

While near this subject, let me urge you to reconsider your policy
of not posting source to many of your otherwise interesting units.
Often, a pointer to a TS unit is an inappropriate response to
someone who wishes to know _how_ to accomplish a particular goal.
Knowing that I could not see source (and would have to depend on you
to recompile for every new version ;( ) has led me not to ever
download a TS unit.

Again, thank you for your services to the community.

Cheers--                        --Karl

| Karl Brendel                           Centers for Disease Control |
| Internet: CDCKAB@EMUVM1.BITNET         Epidemiology Program Office |
| Bitnet: CDCKAB@EMUVM1                  Atlanta GA  30093       USA |
|                        Home of Epi Info 5.0                        |