[comp.lang.pascal] Old articles

ts@uwasa.fi (Timo Salmi) (04/17/91)

In article <26572@adm.brl.mil> 209507097@ucis.vill.edu (MCREE, JAMES F) writes:
:
>and probably many others, we get mail messages.  Unfortunately for new users
>though, they do not benefit from prior discussion on the lists because they
>don't have the messages.  I think that it would be helpful if a mail message
>were sent to new subscribers which pointed out things like file lists that are
>out there, archives archives of Pascal things, etc.  The archiving of the
>discussion is mentioned, but I don't know of any index into the discussion.
>Making an index readily available might be particularly useful if instructions
>were provided to every new user on how to access and use the index when they
>first subscribe.
:

There is so much material in my Frequently Asked Questions files
that I don't recall even myself what is in there, so I just have to
hope the following will be correct information.  A seem to recall
that there is a pointer in faquote.txt in /pc/ts/tsfaq19.arc to how
and where some FAQ news are archived.  Please bear with my method,
but I'll have to ask the gentle interested users to look in there,
since I am too inundated to take the time.  And if someone else has
information on this, please don't prevent this uncertain pointer
from posting yours.

As to the implicit idea of a starter's kit, any volunteers, of
thoughts, please.  I can't take it up myself at the moment because
of the moderating load.

Prof. Timo Salmi
Moderating at garbo.uwasa.fi anonymous ftp archives 128.214.12.37