[comp.lang.pascal] TPU converter for Turbo Pascal

ts@uwasa.fi (Timo Salmi) (04/18/91)

In article <717@sun4dts.dts.ine.philips.nl> derek@sun4dts.dts.ine.philips.nl (derek) writes:
>ts@uwasa.fi (Timo Salmi) writes:
>>In article <16185.2809dc29@levels.sait.edu.au> et891856@levels.sait.edu.au (It's the Bishop .....) writes:
>>>Does anyone know of a program that converts between the different TPU
>>>formats used in varying versions of Turbo Pascal ?
>
>>Can't be done.  This is one of the annoying facets of Borland's
:
>Sorry - didn't see the original. In general, true, but I do have a
>piece of software that proports to convert 4.0 TPUs to .OBJ files,
>which could then be linked in to a 5 - 6 code. I haven't tried it,
>I don't know if it works or anything. If you (or anyone) are interested,
:

May I take up the following potential idea here.  Since this is a
question that has been adressed to quite often, I take it that many
users have the same problem, and would like to have a solution.  If
you, or anyone else, can find a reasonably safe working solution
that is simple enough to use, let's make it publicly available.  I
understand from your, and an earlier posting that there might be the
tools for a complicated multiphase conversion (although we don't
know quite for sure?), but many users would like to see something
easily manageable.  Would this at all be possible?  I am naturally
offering garbo services for carrying out the distribution part of
the load, if someone works out a solution.

Prof. Timo Salmi
Moderating at garbo.uwasa.fi anonymous ftp archives 128.214.12.37