[comp.lang.pascal] Shareware Magazines

ts@uwasa.fi (Timo Salmi) (04/19/91)

In article <11849@j.cc.purdue.edu> zhou@brazil.psych.purdue.edu (Albert Zhou) writes:
:
>How many shareware magazines are circulated in the market? Personally I
>haven't seen any computer magazine devoted to shareware although I know
>some mail order company selling them.

I don't know if this helps at all, but there is one which might be
dupped "The Shareware Magazine", that is PC-SIG's magazine.  I think
(one would have to check) that it can be subscribed to.  (Personally
I receive it on a regular basis as a courtesy since I have programs
in PC-SIG.)

Prof. Timo Salmi
Moderating at garbo.uwasa.fi anonymous ftp archives 128.214.12.37

ts@uwasa.fi (Timo Salmi) (04/20/91)

From my earlier posting:
- >I don't know if this helps at all, but there is one which might be
- >dupped "The Shareware Magazine", that is PC-SIG's magazine.  I think
- >(one would have to check) that it can be subscribed to.  (Personally
- >I receive it on a regular basis as a courtesy since I have programs
- >in PC-SIG.)

A user asks me by email:
- I would appreciate subscription information about this
- magazine because I have written a couple very good strategy
- games that I would like to get into circulation.

I'll (also) post the answer for all users to see in order to save
the work of rewriting the same information for several users.  I'll
quote from the magazine.  The usual disclaimer applies.

"Shareware Magazine is published bimonthly at 1030-D East Duane Ave.,
Sunnywale, CA 94086, USA. PC-SIG membership is $20, and includes s
subscription to Shareware Magazine for one year (6 issues)."

Please also let me put forward the information that although we
deliberately limit the number of games we make available at
garbo.uwasa.fi anonymous ftp archives, we are interested in PD and
shareware games with educational value.

Prof. Timo Salmi
Moderating at garbo.uwasa.fi anonymous ftp archives 128.214.12.37

damouth.wbst128@xerox.com (04/22/91)

The PC-SIG magazine is definitely worth browsing.  It is generally available
anywhere where a master copy of the PC-SIG software collection is kept.  I read
it in my company's technical library.  It doubles as an update to their annual
catalog.  Some of the articles seem to be oriented toward an audience of
potential shareware authors:  interviews with successful shareware
personalities, articles on what it takes to be successful, etc.

/Dave