[comp.lang.pascal] some more Info about the new programming language PASCAL-XSC

kirchner@informatik.uni-kl.de (Reinhard Kirchner) (04/22/91)

From article <6058@vela.acs.oakland.edu>, by w8sdz@rigel.acs.oakland.edu (Keith Petersen):
> kirchner@informatik.uni-kl.de (Reinhard Kirchner) writes:
>>PASCAL-XSC  system runs under C and is therefore highly portable.  It is
>>available for virtually all computer systems.
>>
>>The system is available as a ShareWare product from the newsgroup
>>comp.binaries.ibm.pc and running under Microsoft C 6.0.
>
> Does this mean that Microsoft C 6.0 is required in order to compile
> programs generated by PASCAL-XSC, or does it mean that you used
> Microsoft C 6.0 to create the MS-DOS version of this compiler?

It does indeed mean that you have to have Microsoft C to use Pascal-XSC
since the Pascal-XSC source is compiled to a C-source which is then compiled
to the actual machine.

To make it clear: I am Reinhard Kirchner, owner of this account and mail
address. The original posting came from Michael Neaga who uses my account
for news access since his university was and is not able to give him one.

So PLEASE do not send mail to me, or to the author of the former posting,
but send to

AE18@DKAUNI2.bitnet

this is Michael direct and really.

I have already seen him running Pascal-XSC via gnu-c++ which was posted here
some month ago. Maybe those who do not have Microsoft C send him mail
to submit this Version ?

Reinhard Kirchner
Univ. Kaiserslautern, Germany