[comp.lang.pascal] Soliciting an upload

ts@uwasa.fi (Timo Salmi) (04/24/91)

Let me, for once, make a where-is posting myself.  There are two
packages (one about pascal) which I would like to obtain and make
available from our archives if they are distributable, as they
obviously should.  The first is Numerical Recipes in Pascal, the
second Earhtwatch to display the real time around the world.  I know
that both can be obtained as PC-SIG disks (#2491 and #2533), but my
question is whether anyone has these goods handy in an archived,
uploadable form.  (The standard file list grep search came up with
zilch).  If so, please let me know.  On the other hand to agree on a
potential upload to garbo.uwasa.fi archives, and on the other hand
to avoid any duplicate efforts.

Prof. Timo Salmi
Moderating at garbo.uwasa.fi anonymous ftp archives 128.214.12.37

tandy@uiuc.edu (Jeff Cortez) (04/24/91)

I know this is not exactly want, but the University of Illinois has all
pcsig disks archived for public ftping.  address is ux1.cso.uiuc.edu.

--
Jeff Cortez
Maintainer of the Tandy 100 Archives

amead@s.psych.uiuc.edu (alan mead) (04/24/91)

tandy@uiuc.edu (Jeff Cortez) writes:

>I know this is not exactly want, but the University of Illinois has all
>pcsig disks archived for public ftping.  address is ux1.cso.uiuc.edu.

The path should be ~/pc/pcsig and each disk should be 'disk####.zip',
but 'disk2491.zip' and 'disk2533.zip' don't seem to be there.  I
believe I can ask around here, but will be in and out of twon for the
next two weeks.

You can get a description of the disks by 'GETting 'pcsig#.zip' where #
is 1-4 corresponding to the quarters of the file (ie, the original file
is seperated into quarters).

If I were you I would NOT list the contents of the directory as it is
QUITE long.

-alan mead : amead@s.psych.uiuc.edu

drezac@dcsc.dla.mil (Duane L. Rezac) (04/25/91)

From article <1991Apr23.215422.23785@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu>, by tandy@uiuc.edu (Jeff Cortez):
> I know this is not exactly want, but the University of Illinois has all
> pcsig disks archived for public ftping.  address is ux1.cso.uiuc.edu.
>

> --
> Jeff Cortez
> Maintainer of the Tandy 100 Archives
> tandy@uiuc.edu
It sounds good, but, ux1.cso.uiuc.edu is not in our host tables.
perhaps it would be a good idea to give both the system names and
the address so those of us who do not have complete host tables can
also find the site.

Duane L. Rezac

--
Verse of the Hour:
For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his