[comp.lang.pascal] How to learn Finer points of TVision?

pfister_rob@dneast.enet.dec.com (Robb Pfister) (04/23/91)

I've been struggling with some of the finer points of TurboVision, after
recently upgrading from V3.2 to V6.0 of Turbo Pascal. The manuals and tutorials
are fine for creating simple menu's, dialog boxes, etc. But I'm finding I need
some more hand-holding to better understand the more complex objects, like
ListBox, and `grouping' .

Is there any other reference available for TVision that goes any furthur? I've
thumbed through a big book on TP6 that had a chapter on TVision, but it looked
even less substantial...Are there any other demo's with source I could procure?

Thanks,

Robb

Pfister_rob%dneast.dec@decwrl.dec.com

zhou@brazil.psych.purdue.edu (04/26/91)

In article <1991Apr23.073231@dneast.enet.dec.com> pfister_rob@dneast.enet.dec.com (Robb Pfister) writes:
>I've been struggling with some of the finer points of TurboVision, after
>recently upgrading from V3.2 to V6.0 of Turbo Pascal. The manuals and tutorials

It is really a big jump. Most of us have follow the "evolutionary path" of
TP through 4.0, 5.0, 5.5 and finally 6.0. There are lots of good book about
5.5 and OOP. It might be a good idea first to feel really comfortable with
the methodology of OOP before digging into TV.

By the way, the concept of modularity might also be quite new to 3.2 user.
When I first start using 4.0, I found there were lots of traps in writing
units especially the scope of the variable.