[comp.lang.pascal] veteran TP programmers, i have a question

amead@s.psych.uiuc.edu (alan mead) (04/25/91)

Prior to V4.0 of Turbo Pascal, how was unsigned word arithmatic
handled?  Wasn't there a trick to use type INTEGER?  I need to
do unsigned double word arithmatic and I'd like to use LONGINT
(or some other clean and sure method).

Thanks very much.

-alan mead : amead@s.psych.uiuc.edu

derek@sun4dts.dts.ine.philips.nl (derek) (04/26/91)

amead@s.psych.uiuc.edu (alan mead) writes:

>Prior to V4.0 of Turbo Pascal, how was unsigned word arithmatic
>handled?  Wasn't there a trick to use type INTEGER?  I need to
>do unsigned double word arithmatic and I'd like to use LONGINT
>(or some other clean and sure method).

>Thanks very much.

>-alan mead : amead@s.psych.uiuc.edu

Isn't there an unsigned double in the IEEE set? Check it out? If so,
just enable the IEEE arithmetic (I forget the flag - never use it myself)
and your problems should be solved.

Best Regards, Derek Carr
DEREK@DTS.INE.PHILIPS.NL           Philips I&E TQV-5 Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Standard Disclaimers apply.