[comp.lang.pascal] Possible Mouse IRQ conflict under TP6 and WP5.1

granoff@vaxwrk.enet.dec.com (Mark H. Granoff) (04/26/91)

Has anyone experienced problems using the Turbo Pascal 6.0 IDE with a mouse?
Specifically, the problem I encounter (intermittently) is that the computer
believes I have pressed (and am holding) the left shift key.  The result, of
course, is instead of getting lowercase I get uppercase.  The problem is easily
fixed by actually pressing and releasing the left shift key.  Note, the *right*
shift key does not fix the problem.  Nevertheless, this "solution" fixes the
symptom, not the problem.  Also, if it matters, I generally use 43-line mode in
the IDE; you see more that way. :-)

I've also experienced this from within Word Perfect 5.1, which also supports a
mouse.

Last night I decided to see if I had an IRQ conflict, since I have a Logitech
Bus Mouse.  I discovered that I don't:  only the mouse is on IRQ5.

Other pertinent info: 386/20 clone, 4MB mem, SVGA, Irwin tape drive &
controller, internal modem on COM1.  DOS 4.01, 4DOS 3.0?, QEMM-386, latest
mouse driver from Logitech.

Any ideas anyone?  Since I have cross posted this, please respond directly to
me, granoff@vaxwrk.enet.dec.com.  Thanks for any thoughts.

Mark H. Granoff   |    Enterprise Integration Services/Engineering VAXworks
Digital Equipment Corporation | Internet: granoff@vaxwrk.enet.dec.com
129 Parker Street             | Usenet  : ...!decwrl!vaxwrk.enet!granoff
PKO2-1/M21                    | AT&T    : +1 508 493 4512
Maynard, MA 01754             | FAX     : +1 508 493 2240
Opinions herein are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of Digital.

popkin@cs.odu.edu (Brian N. Popkin) (04/27/91)

In article <1991Apr26.133441.2511@e2big.mko.dec.com> granoff@vaxwrk.enet.dec.com (Mark H. Granoff) writes:
>Has anyone experienced problems using the Turbo Pascal 6.0 IDE with a mouse?
>Specifically, the problem I encounter (intermittently) is that the computer
>believes I have pressed (and am holding) the left shift key.  The result, of
>course, is instead of getting lowercase I get uppercase.  The problem is easily
>fixed by actually pressing and releasing the left shift key.  Note, the *right*
>shift key does not fix the problem.  Nevertheless, this "solution" fixes the
>symptom, not the problem.  Also, if it matters, I generally use 43-line mode in
>the IDE; you see more that way. :-)
>
>I've also experienced this from within Word Perfect 5.1, which also supports a
>mouse.
>
>Last night I decided to see if I had an IRQ conflict, since I have a Logitech
>Bus Mouse.  I discovered that I don't:  only the mouse is on IRQ5.
>
>Other pertinent info: 386/20 clone, 4MB mem, SVGA, Irwin tape drive &
>controller, internal modem on COM1.  DOS 4.01, 4DOS 3.0?, QEMM-386, latest
>mouse driver from Logitech.
>
>Any ideas anyone?  Since I have cross posted this, please respond directly to
>me, granoff@vaxwrk.enet.dec.com.  Thanks for any thoughts.

>Mark H. Granoff   |    Enterprise Integration Services/Engineering VAXworks
>Digital Equipment Corporation | Internet: granoff@vaxwrk.enet.dec.com
>129 Parker Street             | Usenet  : ...!decwrl!vaxwrk.enet!granoff
>PKO2-1/M21                    | AT&T    : +1 508 493 4512
>Maynard, MA 01754             | FAX     : +1 508 493 2240
>Opinions herein are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of Digital.

I contacted borland and its your mouse driver.. old mouse drivers won't
work with the new IDE... computers these days change too fast right?? :-)

Brian

*                                                                             *
*  Brian Popkin	                                                              *
*  Computer Science Major - Systems Programing                                *
*  Old Dominion University                                                    *
*  Norfolk, Virginia USA                                                      *
*  Others Areas Of Interest: Artificial Intelligence, Expert Systems,         *
*                            Networks, And Telecommunications                 *
*  Email Address: popkin@cs.odu.edu				              *
*                 popkin@xanth.cs.odu.edu                                     *
*                 popkin@gnu.ai.mit.edu                                       *