[comp.lang.pascal] PCX Display

Gordon_Hooton@kcbbs.gen.nz (Gordon Hooton) (05/07/91)

Does anyone have Public Domain source code for displaying PCX files
using Turbo Pascal. I have available the technical specifications for
the encoding but if someone has already invented the wheel.
Thanks _ Gordon Hooton

cse4a004@eve.wright.edu (JOHN BLACKWELL) (05/09/91)

In article <1991May6.231821.6759@kcbbs.gen.nz> Gordon_Hooton@kcbbs.gen.nz (Gordon Hooton) writes:
>Does anyone have Public Domain source code for displaying PCX files
>using Turbo Pascal. I have available the technical specifications for
>the encoding but if someone has already invented the wheel.
>Thanks _ Gordon Hooton

I don't even have the tech specs.  Can anyone recommend a text on the
formats of graphics files?  I would appreciate anything from anyone who
has that information on file.
			-John Blackwell

magyar@betwixt.caltech.edu (Igen Magyar Istvani) (05/10/91)

In article <1991May08.224110.23942@eve.wright.edu> cse4a004@eve.wright.edu (JOHN BLACKWELL) writes:

>I don't even have the tech specs.  Can anyone recommend a text on the
>formats of graphics files?  I would appreciate anything from anyone who
>has that information on file.
>			-John Blackwell

There are specs for a lot of graphics files (including PCX and GIF) on
titan.rice.edu, available for anon ftp.

Ted Turocy
magyar@through.cs.caltech.edu
"It _should_ have been called the Hungaro-Austrian Empire."