[comp.lang.pascal] GDDM routines to PASCALVS at CMS

GRAD205%BRFUEM.BITNET@uicvm.uic.edu ( Humberto Jose' Bortolossi) (05/12/91)

Greetings ...

Someone told me that it's impossible to call GDDM routines from a PASCALVS
program running under CMS. However, I think that is possible to build this
routines in REXX and call them from PASCALVS  using  a CMS procedure  that
calls CMS commands and programs. Does anybody have  some  experience  with
this kind of problem? Is there some public domain programs to solve it?

Please, any help will be welcome|

Thanks very much in advance.

Humberto Jose' Bortolossi
Department of Mathematics
BITNET: GRAD205 at BRFUEM.BITNET

dahosek@biivax.dp.beckman.com (05/15/91)

In article <26858@adm.brl.mil>, GRAD205%BRFUEM.BITNET@uicvm.uic.edu ( Humberto Jose' Bortolossi) writes:
> Greetings ...

> Someone told me that it's impossible to call GDDM routines from a PASCALVS
> program running under CMS. However, I think that is possible to build this
> routines in REXX and call them from PASCALVS  using  a CMS procedure  that
> calls CMS commands and programs. Does anybody have  some  experience  with
> this kind of problem? Is there some public domain programs to solve it?

They lied. I have a PASCGDDM MACLIB which I updated from one that
was developed at a computer center where I used to work which
allows VS/Pascal/VS (depending on which version is where the VS
goes ;-) to call GDDM routines. I don't have regular VM access
anymore so I can't recall exactly how they were set up, but it
was fairly straightforward (declare the functions/procedures to
be FORTRAN and be careful about how arguments are passed).
Linking is just a matter of doing the appropriate GLOBAL TXTLIB
commands.

I will note that calling GDDM from Pascal is not _supported_ by
IBM.

-dh

--
Don Hosek // Quixote Digital Typography   714-625-0147
     dhosek@ymir.claremont.edu