[comp.lang.pascal] Another calendar function request

bakerre@tawc1.eglin.af.mil (Baker, Robert E.) (05/20/91)

G'Day netters,

	I have another request for a calendar-type function, but first I would
like to thank everyone who responded to my request for a leap year function.
	This time I need a function that will take a date (with each portion
in numeric format), and convert that date to the day of the week for which
that date occurs.
	I could dig this up myself, but I don't have the time (nor my manuals
with me :-) ).
                                                     ADVthanksANCE

+----------------------------------+------------------------------------------+
| Robert E. Baker                  | Q: Are the Atlanta Braves for real ?     |
| BAKERRE@TAWC1.EGLIN.AF.MIL       |    a. Yes                                |
| USAF Tactical Air Warfare Center |    b. No                                 |
| OPINIONS: "Mine, Mine, all MINE! |    c. Who cares?                         |
+----------------------------------+------------------------------------------+

ts@uwasa.fi (Timo Salmi) (05/21/91)

In article <26952@adm.brl.mil> bakerre@tawc1.eglin.af.mil (Baker, Robert E.) writes:
:
>	This time I need a function that will take a date (with each portion
>in numeric format), and convert that date to the day of the week for which
>that date occurs.
:

This is a Frequently Asked Question that is covered in
/pc/ts/tsfaq21.arc available from garbo.uwasa.fi, SIMTEL20, etc by
anonymous ftp.

Prof. Timo Salmi
Moderating at garbo.uwasa.fi anonymous ftp archives 128.214.12.37