[comp.lang.pascal] learning more

rider@geloser.CAM.ORG (Serge Ayotte) (05/21/91)

HY there!
I was wondering if some of you could suggest to me some good book to
learn more about Pascal.
I did follow a course about a year and a half ago (and been working with
Dbase for a while...) So I might be rusty, but still I try to keep my
hand, and already know a bit about it (procedure, the different global
and local var,ect.).
My codes a certainly not elegant and at the stage I am they certainly
can be improve,(and shorten) but that's one of the reason I want to
learn more.

One other thing I wonder, would you suggest that I learn a bit of
assembler (i'm already sure that I should learn object oriented).

I plan on getting Turbo Pascal 6.0 in the next few weeks.

Thanks all for your help in advance!
See You around the 'Net!!

 |INTERNET->rider@geloser.CAM.ORG       CI$->76307.3545@compuserve.com|
 |          Matrix Rider                     Serge Ayotte             |
 |      Gentleman Loser System (private), Montreal/Quebec/Canada      |

ts@uwasa.fi (Timo Salmi) (05/22/91)

In article <76P021w164w@geloser.CAM.ORG> rider@geloser.CAM.ORG (Serge Ayotte) writes:
:
>I was wondering if some of you could suggest to me some good book to
>learn more about Pascal.
:

If you are able take a look at the ever present /pc/ts/tsfaq21.arc
Frequently Asked Questions you'll find a list at the end of the
faqpas.txt part with some recomendations.  (If there are further
views and suggestion, please let this note hinder in no way!)

"The wares are available by anonymous ftp from garbo.uwasa.fi,
Vaasa, Finland, 128.214.12.37, or by using our mail server (use the
latter if, and only if you don't have anonymous ftp).  If you are
not familiar with anonymous ftp or mail servers, I am prepared to
send prerecorded instructions on request.  (If you don't get the
instructions from me within a few days, it will mean that your email
address cannot be reached by a simple email reply.  It that case,
contact your system manager for devicing a proper mail path for you,
because unless you do, you wouldn't be able to utilize the mail
server anyway.  If you are in North America first consider using an
ftp site near you to spare the overseas load.)"

Prof. Timo Salmi
Moderating at garbo.uwasa.fi anonymous ftp archives 128.214.12.37

Patrick_Devine@resbbs.UUCP (Patrick Devine) (05/23/91)

The book that I have found as an invaluable reference tool would be Turbo
Pascal the Complete Reference from Borland/Osborne (Mc Graw Hill), and
another school text book.  There are also a number of great public domain
tutorials floating around which I would really recommend.

-- Via DLG Pro v0.97b

patrick_devine@resbbs  -   ignorance is a way of life