[comp.lang.pascal] Mouse question

herman@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu (05/24/91)

I have an Emerson E-mouse running with Turbo Pascal.  The mouse
works fine until you run or compile, then the cursor disappears.
The mouse is still active but you can't see it.  Running in
Microsoft mode does not help.
Any suggestions?  The Emerson support line person had never heard
of this.

granoff@vaxwrk.enet.dec.com (Mark H. Granoff) (05/25/91)

In article <1991May24.095445.31029@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu>, herman@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu writes:
>I have an Emerson E-mouse running with Turbo Pascal.  The mouse
>works fine until you run or compile, then the cursor disappears.
>The mouse is still active but you can't see it.  Running in
>Microsoft mode does not help.
>Any suggestions?  The Emerson support line person had never heard
>of this.

Upgrade your mouse driver.

I had this problem with my mouse, a Logitech, (and heard of other people having
this problem with various mice).  Upgrading the driver usually did the trick.

Mark H. Granoff   |    Enterprise Integration Services/Engineering VAXworks
Digital Equipment Corporation | Internet: granoff@vaxwrk.enet.dec.com
129 Parker Street             | Usenet  : ...!decwrl!vaxwrk.enet!granoff
PKO2-1/M21                    | AT&T    : +1 508 493 4512
Maynard, MA 01754             | FAX     : +1 508 493 2240
Opinions herein are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of Digital.

herman@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu (05/25/91)

In article <1991May24.095445.31029@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu>, herman@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu writes:
> I have an Emerson E-mouse running with Turbo Pascal.  The mouse
> works fine until you run or compile, then the cursor disappears.
> The mouse is still active but you can't see it.  Running in
> Microsoft mode does not help.
> Any suggestions?  The Emerson support line person had never heard
> of this.

This came back so I am trying again.
Harvey

dmurdoch@watstat.waterloo.edu (Duncan Murdoch) (05/25/91)

In article <1991May24.095445.31029@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu> herman@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu writes:
>I have an Emerson E-mouse running with Turbo Pascal.  The mouse
>works fine until you run or compile, then the cursor disappears.
>The mouse is still active but you can't see it.  Running in
>Microsoft mode does not help.
>Any suggestions?  The Emerson support line person had never heard
>of this.

You might try my MOUSEFIX.ZIP, available from garbo.uwasa.fi and maybe
Simtel20.  It sort of works on some mouse drivers, though it may cause
other problems:  for instance, you're likely to get mouse droppings
if you move the mouse when it's supposed to be hidden.

Duncan Murdoch

In article <1991May24.194830.29747@maytag.waterloo.edu>, dmurdoch@watstat.waterloo.edu (Duncan Murdoch) writes:
> In article <1991May24.095445.31029@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu> herman@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu writes:
>>I have an Emerson E-mouse running with Turbo Pascal.  The mouse
>>works fine until you run or compile, then the cursor disappears.
>>The mouse is still active but you can't see it.  Running in
>>Microsoft mode does not help.
>>Any suggestions?  The Emerson support line person had never heard
>>of this.
>
> You might try my MOUSEFIX.ZIP, available from garbo.uwasa.fi and maybe
> Simtel20.  It sort of works on some mouse drivers, though it may cause
> other problems:  for instance, you're likely to get mouse droppings
> if you move the mouse when it's supposed to be hidden.
>
> Duncan Murdoch
> dmurdoch@watstat.waterloo.edu

I followed Duncan's advice and my mouse cursor problem is now fixed.
Emerson did not offer an updated driver and other drivers do not work.
I did get a "dropping" once but I can live with it.
Thanks for the help.