[comp.lang.pascal] FillPoly

sulaiman@ecs.umass.edu (05/25/91)

I have been trying to draw ray traced images using Turbo Pascal 5.5
and I have been using FillPoly() to build a series of squares across
the screen. The problem is that FillPoly seems to be overwriting itself
as I can not seem to get the Y-axis separation right. End result is
that my scenes look rather moth eaten. Any ideas, suggestions help....

Thanx in advance.

Zaffar.

dave@tygra.Michigan.COM (David Conrad) (05/27/91)

In article <13814.283d7ae9@ecs.umass.edu> sulaiman@ecs.umass.edu writes:
>I have been trying to draw ray traced images using Turbo Pascal 5.5
>and I have been using FillPoly() to build a series of squares across
>the screen. The problem is that FillPoly seems to be overwriting itself
>as I can not seem to get the Y-axis separation right. End result is
>that my scenes look rather moth eaten. Any ideas, suggestions help....
>
>Thanx in advance.
>
>Zaffar.

No offense, but you haven't described the problem very well.  "...FillPoly
seems to be overwriting itself...can not seem to get the Y-axis separation
right?"  It sounds like you might not be taking the aspect ratio into
account.  Does everything line up neatly as far as the X-axis goes?  If so,
then it may be the aspect ratio.
--
David Conrad, dave@michigan.com