[comp.lang.pascal] TPDEV.ZIP Dos device driver written in TP6, available at garbo

ts@uwasa.fi (Timo Salmi) (05/29/91)

>From: Duncan Murdoch <dmurdoch@watstat.uwaterloo.ca>
>Subject: TPDEV.ZIP - DOS device driver written entirely in TP 6!
>To: ts@uwasa.fi (Timo Salmi)
>Date: Wed, 29 May 91 0:17:01 EDT
>
>Hi Timo.  Attached is my latest for garbo: a program I wrote just to
>show that it could be done.  For some reason ftp isn't working
>tonight (I hope mail is), so I've UUENCODEd and attached TPDEV.ZIP.
>
>Here's a description:
>--------------------
>
>They said it couldn't be done! (In fact, I think I was one of the
>naysayers...)
>
>"TP can't create the special format of file that's needed for a
>device driver."
>
>Wrong!!
>
>I've written a simple device driver in TP, and it works.  From some
>things I've heard, it won't work in all versions of DOS (it's an
>.EXE format device driver, not a .BIN format one).  There are tons
>of restrictions on what you can do in it - DOS isn't reentrant, and
>the TP system library isn't designed to do things while DOS is
>active, so I don't even let it get initialized, etc., etc.
>
>It's still a bit of a mess, but here it is, for your enjoyment and
>edification.
>
>Enjoy!!
>
>Duncan Murdoch

Thank you, Duncan.  Your upload is now available from garbo.uwasa.fi
archives as /pc/turbopas/tpdev.zip.

Prof. Timo Salmi
Moderating at garbo.uwasa.fi anonymous ftp archives 128.214.12.37