[comp.lang.pascal] Boot viruses...

YILMAZ%TRMETU.BITNET@uga.cc.uga.edu ( Yilmaz Ceken) (06/06/91)

   Dear Networkers,

  I want to learn about boot sector viruses. But I do not
have any idea about them. I will be greatefull if you
send anything that could help me (especially an example
of a boot sector virus. Programming language used does not
matter; C, Pascal or assembly are all welcome.)

Please send any relevant information to my address.
Thanks.

M.Yilmaz Ceken
Yilmaz at TRMETU.BITNET

act@softserver.canberra.edu.au (Andrew Turner) (06/06/91)

In article <27127@adm.brl.mil> YILMAZ%TRMETU.BITNET@uga.cc.uga.edu ( Yilmaz Ceken) writes:

>   Dear Networkers,
>
>  I want to learn about boot sector viruses. But I do not
>have any idea about them. I will be greatefull if you
>send anything that could help me (especially an example
>of a boot sector virus. Programming language used does not
>matter; C, Pascal or assembly are all welcome.)

While you may be sincere ANYONE that has had to suffer the impact of
viruses would shudder at the prospect of honouring your request.
Folks involved with anti-virus stuff tend not to pass copies of infections
to even their best friends!!!  FLAME OFF, DISMOUNT SOAP BOX
--
 Andrew Turner  act@csc.canberra.edu.au
	Die, v:	To stop sinning suddenly.

ts@uwasa.fi (Timo Salmi) (06/07/91)

In article <27127@adm.brl.mil> YILMAZ%TRMETU.BITNET@uga.cc.uga.edu ( Yilmaz Ceken) writes:

>   Dear Networkers,
>
>  I want to learn about boot sector viruses. But I do not
>have any idea about them. I will be greatefull if you
>send anything that could help me (especially an example
>of a boot sector virus. Programming language used does not
>matter; C, Pascal or assembly are all welcome.)
>
>Please send any relevant information to my address.
:

Sorry folks.  I hate to act as a regular kill-joy, but please be
warned that sending virus examples for unclearly stated purposes is
not advocated.  Furthermore, this discussion would belong better to
comp.virus newsgroup, anyway.

Prof. Timo Salmi
Moderating at garbo.uwasa.fi anonymous ftp archives 128.214.12.37