[comp.lang.pascal] DlgDgn at Garbo.

nmouawad@watmath.waterloo.edu (Naji Mouawad) (06/06/91)

I don't mean to impose on anybody, but could someone inform
us on the availability of DlgDgn (goodies.zip) at Garbo ?

I don't want to keep looking. Partly, ftping there everytime
is not the most cost-effective solution and partly because
I don't want to stay on the lookout.

As a general procedure, when a product gets in the incoming
directory, how long should it take before it becomes available ?

--Naji.

P.S. I didn't feel like downloading all the frequently asked questions
for this one. I hope this is not too much of an inconvinience.
    | Naji Mouawad  |          nmouawad@watmath.waterloo.edu            |
    |  University   |---------------------------------------------------|
    | Of Waterloo   |   "The Stranger in us is our most familiar Self"  |

ts@uwasa.fi (Timo Salmi) (06/07/91)

In article <1991Jun6.025736.17815@watmath.waterloo.edu> nmouawad@watmath.waterloo.edu (Naji Mouawad) writes:

>I don't mean to impose on anybody, but could someone inform
>us on the availability of DlgDgn (goodies.zip) at Garbo ?

You are not imposing at all.  On the contrary.  This is a most
sensible question.  I took a quick look, and goodies.zip is not yet
available.  That means that it still has to be on my fellow
moderator's queue.

>I don't want to keep looking. Partly, ftping there everytime
>is not the most cost-effective solution and partly because
>I don't want to stay on the lookout.

You are absolutely right.  But if you do peek in occasionally, the
trick is to get /pc/_files.in using batchftp (automated ftp).  That
is the least wasteful method, and using it is very easy once you
have managed to set it up for the first time.

>As a general procedure, when a product gets in the incoming
>directory, how long should it take before it becomes available ?

That depends on the current load of garbo moderators (Harri Valkama
and Timo Salmi).  The range is rather wide from almost immediate to
perhaps one week (there is no fixed maximum).

>--Naji.
>
>P.S. I didn't feel like downloading all the frequently asked questions
>for this one. I hope this is not too much of an inconvinience.

Right.  In fact the answer to this one even isn't there.

Prof. Timo Salmi
Moderating at garbo.uwasa.fi anonymous ftp archives 128.214.12.37

nmouawad@watmath.waterloo.edu (Naji Mouawad) (06/07/91)

In article <1991Jun6.190935.14297@uwasa.fi> ts@uwasa.fi (Timo Salmi) writes:
[Answer to my question about the availability of DlgDsg on the ftp server
at Garbo.]

Thanks a lot.

--Naji.