[comp.lang.pascal] I/O checking

ijohnson@gara.une.oz.au (Ian Johnson) (06/05/91)

If I have a program with several units, and switch the I/O checking off
in one of them, {$I-}, does this affect checking in the other units?

If anyone has a quick yes or no answer to this, it will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Ian Johnson:  email: ijohnson@gara.une.oz.au

dmurdoch@watstat.waterloo.edu (Duncan Murdoch) (06/07/91)

In article <6832@gara.une.oz.au> ijohnson@gara.une.oz.au (Ian Johnson) writes:

>If I have a program with several units, and switch the I/O checking off
>in one of them, {$I-}, does this affect checking in the other units?

No.

$I- affects the way code is generated - there's no call to an error status
routine in code generated with $I- in effect.

There's one long range effect of $I-, though:  after an error occurs, all I/O
fails until the error is cleared by a call to IOResult.

Duncan Murdoch
dmurdoch@watstat.waterloo.edu