[comp.lang.pascal] Turbopascal and two monitors

hofmeist@zorro.informatik.uni-dortmund.de (Thomas Hofmeister) (06/12/91)

I have two monitors stuck to my IBM, one VGA, the other MONO.
When I run TURBO (without the parameter /d), the IDE will
always be on one display, the output of the running program
on the other. I want to have both on the MONO-monitor without
having to plug out the VGA-monitor. Since the handbook tells
that TURBO will only distribute over both monitors when /d is used,
I need your comments on that problem.
(B.t.w.: It doesn't matter whether I start TURBO with mode mono or
with mode co80) .
So, many thanks in advance.

ins845b@monu4.cc.monash.edu.au (mr k.l. lentin) (06/13/91)

In article <3534@laura.UUCP> hofmeist@zorro.informatik.uni-dortmund.de (Thomas Hofmeister) writes:
>I have two monitors stuck to my IBM, one VGA, the other MONO.
>When I run TURBO (without the parameter /d), the IDE will
>always be on one display, the output of the running program
>on the other. I want to have both on the MONO-monitor without
>having to plug out the VGA-monitor. Since the handbook tells
>that TURBO will only distribute over both monitors when /d is used,
>I need your comments on that problem.
>(B.t.w.: It doesn't matter whether I start TURBO with mode mono or
>with mode co80) .
>So, many thanks in advance.

You might try setting the display mode to monochrome in tinst. Or something
like that!

--
|\evin (ins845b@monu3.cc.monash.edu.au)  | All reasonable offers accepted