[comp.lang.pascal] TP-Question: 8*16-Bitmap-font in graphicmode ?

zahn@mira.tat.physik.uni-tuebingen.de (Corvin Zahn) (06/12/91)

Hello,
in the turbopascal graphicmode there are a lot of vector-fonts, but only one
small (8*8)-pixelfont. Does anyone know, how to get another (bigger, e.g. 8*16)
font onto the screen?

Thanks, Corvin

Corvin Zahn, Theoretische Astrophysik Tuebingen
Internet: zahn@mira.tat.physik.uni-tuebingen.de

dave@tygra.Michigan.COM (David Conrad) (06/14/91)

In article <zahn.676677364@mira.tat.physik.uni-tuebingen.de> zahn@mira.tat.physik.uni-tuebingen.de (Corvin Zahn) writes:
>Hello,
>in the turbopascal graphicmode there are a lot of vector-fonts, but only one
>small (8*8)-pixelfont. Does anyone know, how to get another (bigger, e.g. 8*16)
>font onto the screen?

The only way I can think of is to design the font yourself and use getimage
and putimage (and store the images to a file), but then you need a routine
which translates a string into the correct series of putimage's (i.e. write
your own outtext).  This isn't an insurmountable task, but it is rather
annoying that Borland provided no way to create bit-mapped fonts.  Does
anyone (Duncan?) have a better solution?
--
David R. Conrad
dave@michigan.com

bns@ersys.edmonton.ab.ca (Chris Dollmont) (06/17/91)

zahn@mira.tat.physik.uni-tuebingen.de (Corvin Zahn) writes:

> Hello,
> in the turbopascal graphicmode there are a lot of vector-fonts, but only one
> small (8*8)-pixelfont. Does anyone know, how to get another (bigger, e.g. 8*1
> font onto the screen?
>
> Thanks, Corvin

Richard Tom writes the TEGL toolkit that contains a number of bitmapped
(>30) fonts that are _extremely_ fast and well implemented.  Many of
these fonts are quite large, and may serve your purposes.  An evaluation
version of the TEGL toolkit is available on Compuserve.

Chris