[comp.lang.pascal] TInputline.valid

rocker@desire.wright.edu (06/13/91)

	Dos anyone know how to make a TInputline validate its data as soon as
the focus has left it, then if invalid regian the focus itself?

	Tinputline.valid is only called when TInputline.done is called which
isn't until TDiallog is done, which is much too late.

thanx

rockin' on

p. s.  I've written a pretty good TPhoneline, mail me if interested

pfister_rob@dneast.enet.dec.com (Robb Pfister) (06/17/91)

In article <1991Jun13.095845.3939@desire.wright.edu>, rocker@desire.wright.edu
writes:
|> From: rocker@desire.wright.edu
|> Newsgroups: comp.lang.pascal
|> Subject: TInputline.valid
|> Date: 13 Jun 91 14:58:45 GMT
|>

|> 	Dos anyone know how to make a TInputline validate its data as soon as
|> the focus has left it, then if invalid regian the focus itself?
|>
|> 	Tinputline.valid is only called when TInputline.done is called which
|> isn't until TDiallog is done, which is much too late.
|>
|> thanx
|>
|> rockin' on
|>
|> p. s.  I've written a pretty good TPhoneline, mail me if interested

The only way I know of is via overriding TInputLine.HandleEvent.  There is a
broadcast (?) message for when the user leaves a view, I think it's something
like cmLeaveWindow.
Along with this message is a pointer to the view,  which you can compare with a
saved Tinputline, and see if the view left is one you want to validate, then do
so.

I've done this before, and the resultant code didn't seem noticably slower.

Robb

Pfister_rob%pfister_rob@decwrl.dec