[sci.misc] The Day the Universe Changed

wales@CS.UCLA.EDU (10/21/87)

In article <987@phoenix.Princeton.EDU> rjchen@phoenix.UUCP
(Raymond J. Chen) writes:

>(Too bad I missed most of the TDTUC episodes.  Does anyone know when
>PBS plans on re-releasing the series?)

As I understand, each PBS station is free to establish its own indi-
vidual programming schedule.  (That is, there isn't a single PBS
"master feed" that gets broadcast simultaneously by all PBS stations.)
The Los Angeles PBS station (KCET, ch. 28) just finished showing "Con-
nections" and is now showing TDTUC.

Check with your local PBS station, and if you want to see TDTUC, let
them know.  (Your voice will, of course, carry even more weight if you
become a subscribing member of the station -- probably something on
the order of $40/year, and well worth it in my opinion.)

>Is there a TDTUC book available?  (I saw a "Connections" book many
>years ago.)

Yes.  It is published by Little, Brown & Co.  If you want to try
special-ordering it, the ISBN is 0-316-11695-5.  The list price in my
copy (hardback) is $27.50; I don't know whether it's out in paperback.

-- Rich Wales // UCLA Computer Science Department // +1 (213) 825-5683
	3531 Boelter Hall // Los Angeles, California 90024-1596 // USA
	wales@CS.UCLA.EDU           ...!(ucbvax,rutgers)!ucla-cs!wales
"Sir, there is a multilegged creature crawling on your shoulder."

hofbauer@utcsri.UUCP (10/23/87)

> >Is there a TDTUC book available?  (I saw a "Connections" book many
> >years ago.)
>
> Yes.  It is published by Little, Brown & Co.  If you want to try
> special-ordering it, the ISBN is 0-316-11695-5.  The list price in my
> copy (hardback) is $27.50; I don't know whether it's out in paperback.

It is available in paperback. It was featured by the Quality Paperback
Book Club (an arm of the Book of the Month) for a long time, as was the
hardcover edition by BOMC.