[sci.misc] Edmund Scientific?

daemon@ti-csl.UUCP (11/04/87)

Does anyone know if Edmund Scientific Co. is still around?
Does anyone have a current address for them?

In case anyone is unfamiliar with them, they used to sell
scientific equipment ranging from serious telescopes and
things to lots of educational stuff for kids.
If anyone knows of any other companies like this, please
post their address, etc.
Thanks.

                   Wendy

werner@aecom.YU.EDU (Craig Werner) (11/10/87)

In article <35715@ti-csl.CSNET>, daemon@ti-csl.CSNET (Mr Background) writes:
> Does anyone know if Edmund Scientific Co. is still around?

Note: why do some articles list "daemon" as the user. They can't be mailed to.

Anyway:

	If you mean Edmund Scientific Company
		101 E. Gloucester Pike
		Barrington NJ 08007-1380
	now celebrating its 45th anniversary
	free rainbow prism with any order over $30.

Never heard of it myself ....
--
	        Craig Werner   (future MD/PhD, 3 years down, 4 to go)
	     werner@aecom.YU.EDU -- Albert Einstein College of Medicine

cd@bu-cs.BU.EDU (Clarence K. Din) (11/19/87)

In article <35715@ti-csl.CSNET> daemon@ti-csl.CSNET (Mr Background) writes:
>Does anyone know if Edmund Scientific Co. is still around?
>Does anyone have a current address for them?

     Yes, I've heard of Edmund Scientific.  I used to receive catalogs
from them all the time.  The last time I've seen them advertise was in
Popular Science two years ago.  They've got lots of neat stuff, but
everything's overpriced.  Try other places.

cd@bu-cs.buacca.bu.edu