[net.music] Who stole Larry Palena's brain? Please give it back!

nessus@mit-eddie.UUCP (Doug Alan) (10/27/85)

> From: Larry Palena

> But fellows,this is precisely the allure of Kate Bush,ie-she seems to
> be so great but nobody's ever heard of her!! But if you're lucky that
> wonder-of-wonders at MIT might hum a bar or two of her latest hit for
> you in his next article.

Right, Larry!  No one's ever heard of her.  Her album is number one on
the British charts and has been for the past month because she's the
definition of obscurity?  She's the most well-known female musician in
England because all 3 people living in England like her?

Why was this article of yours so typical of everything you post?

Larry are you having a contest with someone else posting to another
newsgroup to see who can manage to appear the most stupid (maybe it's
with Ray Frank?) or are you just naturally this way?  Are all Led Zeplin
fans like this?  Why don't you move to net.flame, where you can hang out
with the rest of the net.riff-raff?

				-Doug Alan
				 nessus@mit-eddie.UUCP (or ARPA)

P.S.  I'm sorry everyone else... I just can't take this guy anymore....

nessus@mit-eddie.UUCP (Doug Alan) (11/01/85)

> From: keithe@tekgvs.UUCP (Keith Ericson)

> In article <220@mit-eddie.UUCP> nessus@mit-eddie.UUCP (Doug Alan) writes:
> [...general ranting & raving from our favorite Bucolic Bushophile
>     about an unfavorable review regarding You Know Who...]

It wasn't a review of anything (how could it be, Palena hasn't even claimed
to have ever listened to You Know Who), it was just a personal attack at
me, and one of a series of anal-retentive juvenile attacks aimed at me
and others.