[sci.misc] Core Wars

clong@topaz.rutgers.edu (Chris Long) (02/19/88)

I'm currently entered in a Core Wars contest and am trying to look
up any relevant background info on it.  If anyone could refer me
to articles I would be eternally grateful.  I remember two
Scientific American articles distinctly, but can't think of
the issues.
--

Chris Long
Rutgers University

irizarry@batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu (Gil Irizarry) (02/20/88)

In article <18164@topaz.rutgers.edu> clong@topaz.rutgers.edu (Chris Long) writes:
>I'm currently entered in a Core Wars contest and am trying to look
>up any relevant background info on it.  If anyone could refer me
>to articles I would be eternally grateful.  I remember two
>Scientific American articles distinctly, but can't think of
>the issues.
>--
>
>Chris Long
>Rutgers University
>New Brunswick, NJ

I don't remember the exact issues either.  However, I do know that they were
not articles per se, but features in Dewdney's Computer Recreation column.
Also, I believe they appeared in '86.  Sci Am prints an index of the year's
articles and columns in the Dec issue of each year.

Gil Irizarry
irizarry@tcgould.tn.cornell.edu

--
Gil Irizarry					BS CS '89