[sci.misc] Progress is STILL religion

werner@aecom.YU.EDU (Craig Werner) (03/19/88)

In article <121@aplcomm.UUCP>, jwm@stdc.jhuapl.edu (James W. Meritt) writes:

> Show me a middle-ages king with central heating/air conditioning!
> Show me a middle-ages bishop with a morning cup of coffee!
> Show me a middle-ages prince with usenet!
>
> The purpose of civilization is to keep me comfortable and entertained. ;~)

	So here we have it, the definition of civilization is central
air conditioning, hot coffee, and Usenet,  and here I thought that those
constituted the end of civilization as we know it! :-)
--
	        Craig Werner   (future MD/PhD, 3.5 years down, 3.5 to go)
	     werner@aecom.YU.EDU -- Albert Einstein College of Medicine