[sci.misc] Canada not seen from Michigan?

dlo@drutx.ATT.COM (OlsonDL) (03/27/88)

[]

Yeah, I know.  Picking nits.  But whether or not someone could see Cuba
from Kew West generated a lot of heat, so why not?

In article <3971@whuts.UUCP>, orb@whuts.UUCP (SEVENER) writes:
> But paraphrasing Galileo years ago:
> "But I *still* can't see Cuba from Key West, Lewes Delaware
>  from Cape May, Canada from Michigan, Canada from Cleveland,

If Tim cannot see Canada from Michigan, he probably could not see Cuba
from Key West either.

Tim, find a map of Michigan.  Put your finger on Detroit, and go
*southeast*.  What is the first foreign country you reach?  (You will
not have to go far; it is right next door.)

David Olson
..!ihnp4!drutx!dlo

"Eliminate the impossible, my dear doctor, and whatever remains, however
improbable, must be the truth."  -- Sherlock Holmes