[sci.misc] STILL NOT greenhouse effect / solar power satellites

pokey@well.UUCP (Jef Poskanzer) (04/01/88)

In the referenced message, eli@spdcc.COM (Steve Elias) wrote:
>>                                  Adding heat will not raise the temperature
>>noticeably until the rate of addition approaches the solar flux on the earth.
>
>yes!  my point is that hundreds of solar power satellites
>WILL add energy on the order of the present solar flux!

WRONG.  Taking "hundreds" to mean nine hundred and ninety-nine 10-gigawatt
solar power satellites, the energy added is THREE ORDERS OF MAGNITUDE LESS
than the solar flux.  If you had read my article you would understand this.
I guess the exponential notation was too complicated for you, so this time
I've spelled the numbers out.

Do you get it yet Steve?  You are not just a little bit wrong, not
just 99% wrong, but 99.9% WRONG!  That may not qualify as dead wrong,
but it's certainly brain-dead wrong.

Now, since your "point" has proven as dull as your mind, please do the net
a favor and SHUT UP.
---
Jef

              Jef Poskanzer   jef@lbl-rtsg.arpa   ...well!pokey
   "you have obviously been poked by gumby one too many times, you dipshit.
    take your calculator off of your belt and join society." -- Steve Elias