[sci.misc] reply to Jef's "display"

eli@spdcc.COM (Steve Elias) (04/04/88)

	(hit 'n' if you aren't interested in my reply to Jef's latest
	"display" of his "superior intellect".)

In article <5590@well.UUCP> pokey@well.UUCP (Jef Poskanzer) writes:

>  A) that eight intelligent people (John F Carr, G.Gleason, Jef Poskanzer,
>     James W. Meritt, Karl Owen / Wayne Throop, Michael Friedman, T. Dave
>     Hudson, and Ed Kaulakis) somehow don't understand something that one
>     fool (Steve Elias) does understand; and

	from what i've read -- the 8 folks above have understood
	what i am talking about;  they have been involved with the thread
	for months.  you are the cheesehead who jumped in late and started
	spouting your Pournelle attitude.  will you be quoting Larouche next?

>  B) that the efficiency issue matters at all, since the entire thermal
>     balance issue has proven to be bullshit.

	Jef -- this must be a shock to you -- but you aren't the final
	authority on what is 'proven' and what is not.  4 out of 5 planetary
	scientists will agree that the greenhouse effect and other thermal
	balance issues are THEORIES.  perhaps you have lived on venus for
	a few million years, and can tell us with real authority what that
	planet's history is?

>Tell ya what, Stevie Baby. You go right on believing that ten one-gigawatt..

	thanks for continuing to keep me up to date on my beliefs.

>Meanwhile, the rest of us are going to IGNORE you.

	thanks for speaking for the entire net.  perhaps the eight people
	you named will ignore me -- perhaps not.  i doubt they consider you
	to be more than an obnoxious snob.  but i won't say for sure, because
	i don't like to put words in other peoples mouths...

	there are at least a few readers out there who are genuinely interested
	in the theory as i have learned it from Frank Drake.  i'll be posting
	his notes and calculations if i find them after searching another
	basement or two.

	... here is Jefy's armchair psychoanalysis:

>By the way Stevie, I think I've figured out why you get so pissed off
>whenever anyone displays intellect superior to yours.  It's because it
>happens so often!  It must get really tiresome, eh?  Poor Baby.

	poor is right on target.  feel free to send money.

	as for your 'superior intellect' -- hogwash.  earth to Jef.
	what you have displayed has nothing to do with intellect.

	others have indicated that they aren't interested
	in your bullshit 'intelligentsia' snobbishness.  why don't you
	take a hint and button it?  our president ronnie gets paid $200k
	to think and talk -- your pal Jerry P gets paid to be obnoxious
	in his public columns.  i don't think any usenet readers pay you
	to 'display' how big your snobbishness is in public.

	i doubt that anybody on the net is interested in your slurs.
	nor are they interested in my replies to them.  try using
	email -- your snobbishness doesn't mix well with any intelligence
	you may have.  you seem to like posting imaginary email -- why don't
	you and your imaginary clay friends write some email as well?

>     "Not only do I not suffer snobs gladly, I don't suffer them AT ALL."

	(^^^^ not a quote from Jerry Pournelle ^^^^^)