[sci.misc] Steve Elias's display of extra-sensory perception

pokey@well.UUCP (Jef Poskanzer) (04/11/88)

Oh my.  My my my.  In <773@spdcc.COM>, eli@spdcc.COM (Steve Elias) wrote:
>	               you seem to like posting imaginary email

Now this is somewhat interesting.  Steve is referring to my article
<5578@well.UUCP>, in which I used a quote from him in my signature:

In his message <766@spdcc.COM>, Steve correctly described this:

>Jef apparently likes to attribute random quotes to me

Note that he didn't actually repudiate the quote -- yes it is fairly random,
and yes I did attribute it to him.  And I liked doing it.  But I guess he
wasn't satisfied with that, or perhaps he was pissed off that I didn't rise
to the bait and defend the quote.  So he had to mention it again in the more
recent article.

But this time there's a difference.  This time he does repudiate the quote,
saying it was imaginary, and IN THE VERY NEXT WORD proves to the net that
the quote was real.  You see, there was absolutely nothing about the quote
that would indicate it came from e-mail.  If the quote was imaginary, he
would have had no reason to change his description of it from the correct
"quote" to the unknown "email".  But he did change.  The obvious conclusion
is that he knew it was e-mail because he sent it to me.

I can't decide which is worse:
 -- the fact that he's a liar;
 -- the fact that he's too cowardly to post his insults where everybody
    can be amused by them;
 -- or the pathetic wimpiness of the insult itself.  "dipshit"??  C'mon
    Steve, you can do better.  Well, maybe not.

Oh, by the way, if anyone's wondering why this is in sci.misc, it's not
just because this is where Steve posted his lie.  It's because this is
the place for discussions of abnormal psychology.  Note that this is NOT
the place for paranoid delusions about thermal balance, delusions
contradicted by the most elementary thermodynamics.  Since my very first
posting on this subject showed that's what Steve's ravings are, I'm not
about to continue the "discussion" along that line.
---
Jef

        Jef Poskanzer   pacbell!sybase!jef@Sun.Com   jef@lbl-rtsg.ARPA
   "I fail to comprehend your indignation, sir. I have merely made the the
             logical deduction that you are a liar." -- Mr. Spock

eli@spdcc.COM (Steve Elias) (04/11/88)

In article <5662@well.UUCP> pokey@well.UUCP (Jef Poskanzer) writes:

>Oh, by the way, if anyone's wondering why this is in sci.misc, it's not
>just because this is where Steve posted his lie.

	not really.  it's because Jef loves attention.

	if anyone gives a hoot about this silly argument, check out alt.flame.