[sci.lang] Request: Which Books to learn Esperanto From?

whp@cbnap.UUCP (W. H. Pollock x4575 3S235) (10/29/86)

I would like to learn but don't have the time for a course.
Is there a good book (possibly with a cassette tape) that anyone
cares to recommend?  All I can currently speak is English.

Wayne H. Pollock,
UUCP:	...{ihnp4,cbatt}!cbnap!whp

	"The opinions expressed above are ficticious.  Any resemblance
	to the opinions of persons living or dead is purely coincidental."

amos@instable.UUCP (Amos Shapir) (11/02/86)

In article <188@cbnap.UUCP> whp@cbnap.UUCP (W. H. Pollock x4575 3S235) writes:
>I would like to learn but don't have the time for a course.
>Is there a good book (possibly with a cassette tape) that anyone
>cares to recommend?  All I can currently speak is English.

The book I have used is:
ESPERANTO  (in the 'teach yourself' series)
by J. Cresswell & J. Hartley
published in the U.S. by
the David McKay Company
75 3rd Ave. NY, NY 10017
ISBN 0 340 05781 5

They also have an English-Esperanto dictionary.
--
	Amos Shapir

National Semiconductor (Israel)
6 Maskit st. P.O.B. 3007, Herzlia 46104, Israel
(01-972) 52-522261  amos%nsta@nsc
34.48'E 32.10'N