gls@odyssey.ATT.COM (g.l.sicherman) (10/21/87)

> International	English ...
>
> Alfa		Andrew
> Bravo		Benjamin
> Charlie	Charlie
> Delta		David
> Echo		Edward
> ...		...

A correction: "Juliett" is spelled with a double T, so that even the French
will pronounce it right.  (The J is a more formidable obstacle!)

I believe the U. S. Navy used these names, before the International standard
came along:

Able Baker Charley Dog Easy Fox George How Item Jot King Love Mike Nan Oboe
Peter Queen Roger Sugar Tare Uncle Victor William Xray Yoke Zebra.

Does anybody remember "B for mutton"?  Some stage comics had whole alphabets
like that.

---
	"Hay, be seedy!  He-effigy, hate-shy jaky yellow man, oh
	 peek, you are rusty, you've edible, you ex-wise he!"

					--Harry Mathews
--
Col. G. L. Sicherman
...!ihnp4!odyssey!gls

hdunne@amethyst.ma.arizona.edu (Hugh Dunne) (10/22/87)

In article <337@odyssey.ATT.COM> gls@odyssey.ATT.COM (g.l.sicherman) writes:
>Does anybody remember "B for mutton"?  Some stage comics had whole alphabets
>like that.

I heard an alphabet like this many years ago. All I can remember from it is
"'Ay for 'orses" and "G for police".

 - Hugh Dunne

"The banana welds itself to your hand!" -hack
Hugh Dunne	   | Internet: amethyst!hdunne@arizona.edu
Dept. of Math.     | UUCP: ..{cmcl2,ihnp4,seismo!noao}!arizona!amethyst!hdunne
Univ. of Arizona   | Bitnet: hdunne@arizrvax
Tucson, AZ  85721  | Phone: +1 602 621 6893  /  +1 602 621 4766

credmond@orchid.UUCP (10/27/87)

>>Does anybody remember "B for mutton"?  Some stage comics had whole alphabets
>>like that.
>I heard an alphabet like this many years ago. All I can remember from it is
>"'Ay for 'orses" and "G for police".

I can remember a few of the others:
A for 'orses
B for mutton