[sci.lang] international phonetics font

LB7@PSUVM.BITNET (Lorinda L. Brader) (01/28/88)

Does anyone know of an IPA font for the MacIntosh?
Please send any responses to me.
Lorinda Brader

gasser@CS.UCLA.EDU (01/30/88)

In article <31102LB7@PSUVM> LB7@PSUVM.BITNET (Lorinda L. Brader) writes:
>Does anyone know of an IPA font for the MacIntosh?
>Please send any responses to me.
>Lorinda Brader

You can get one from

  Prof. Peter Ladefoged
  Dept. of Linguistics
  University of California
  Los Angeles, CA 90024

The font is supposed to work on the LaserWriter as well as ImageWriter
(though it hasn't for me yet for some reason).

   Michael Gasser
   ARPA:  gasser@CS.UCLA.EDU
   UUCP:  ...!{ihnp4,cepu,trwspp,sdcrdcf,ucbvax}!ucla-cs!gasser
   USMAIL:  UCLA AI Lab
            3531 Boelter Hall
            University of California
            Los Angeles, CA 90024
            (213) 825-5199

yossie@taux01.UUCP (Yossie Silverman ) (01/31/88)

In article <31102LB7@PSUVM> LB7@PSUVM.BITNET (Lorinda L. Brader) writes:
>Does anyone know of an IPA font for the MacIntosh?
>Please send any responses to me.
>Lorinda Brader

I too am looking for such a font, so keep me in mind :-)
--
Yossie Silverman                                   What did the Caspian sea?
National Semiconductor Ltd. (Israel)				- Saki

joe@haddock.ISC.COM (Joe Chapman) (02/02/88)

You might want to investigate the Mac fonts sold by Linguist's
Software in S. Hamilton, Mass.  "MacPhonetics" includes the IPA and
SIL symbol sets, and a Roman font with every diacritic imaginable.
MacConnection sells their stuff.  You need slightly deep pockets
about $60).

Usual disclaimer: I don't have any financial connection to these
folks.  I use a bunch of their fonts and I think they're Gods.

--
Joe Chapman
{harvard,necntc,think}!ima!joe