[net.music] The Masked Marauders/Toejam Jawallaby

boyajian@akov68.DEC (JERRY BOYAJIAN) (11/01/85)

> From:	inmet!rgh	(Randy Hudson)

> andrew@grkermi.UUCP (Andrew W. Rogers) writes:
>> It turns out that the [Masked Marauders] album was the work of
>> an obscure group called the Cleanliness and Godliness Skiffle Band,
>> who recorded it in order to see just how much farther they could
>> take the hoax.
>
> It is with some trepidation that I disagree with our erudite
> Rock Scholar/Archivist of the Net, but I recall that that album
> was done by a marginally less obscure group called The Nitty Gritty
> Dirt Band....

I'm afraid that I have to agree with Andrew. The reference book that I have
at hand (THE NEW ROCK RECORD) mentions that the Masked Marauders record was
done by The Cleanliness and Godliness Skiffle Band.

Now, I suppose that it's possible that the members of the C&GSB were the
same people who were in The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, but...

BTW, I think that The Masked Marauders is a truly inspired answer to the
question of what group Toejam Jawallaby played in. I almost died laughing.

--- jayembee (Jerry Boyajian, DEC, Acton-Nagog, MA)

UUCP:	{decvax|ihnp4|allegra|ucbvax|...}
	!decwrl!dec-rhea!dec-akov68!boyajian
ARPA:	boyajian%akov68.DEC@DECWRL.DEC.COM