[net.sf-lovers] film news

jon@isrnix.UUCP (Jon Bayh) (05/21/84)

<>

"Enemy Mine", by Barry B. Longyear, did win the 1979 Nebula for best novella.
I was also very impressed with that story.  I don't know whether the
movie is based on the story, but one can hope...

				Jon Bayh
				ihnp4!inuxc!isrnix!jon

syali@alberta.UUCP (Sy Ali) (05/25/84)

>From:            Peter Reiher <reiher@UCLA-CS.ARPA>
>
>"Supergirl" has been delayed in release until Christmas.  Wolfgang Petersen
>(directed "Das Boot" and the upcoming "The Neverending Story") has replaced
>the previous director, whose name escapes me but was not familiar, on a
>science fiction film called "Enemy Mine".  I've never heard of it before.
>It's currently shooting in Iceland, and it's budget is in the $15-$20 million
>range, and rising.
>
>					Peter Reiher
>					reiher@ucla-cs.arpa

	   There's a short story by Barry B. Longyear (sp?), which I
	liked rather a lot, called "Enemy Mine". I have the vague
	impression that it won a Hugo or Nebula (or both) a couple of
	years ago. If anybody out there knows if this film is based on
	the same story could they inform the world (particularly
	myself, I really liked that story!). Any info on release dates
	etc. would also be nice...

			Cheers,
				Sy Ali (...!alberta!syali)