[sci.math] Computer Math Book

tan@oakhill.UUCP (Tan Nhat Dao) (11/04/87)

Hello netland:
  This is my first posting so please bear with me.
  I am looking for a book or books on computer math algorithms and the
  architectures to implement them.  Specifically, I need algorithms and
  techniques for floating point operations such as multiply, divide, add,
  subtract, square root, and others such as transcendental functions, etc.
  The architectures should include Booth's recode, Wallace tree, etc.
  I need all pertinent information about the book(s) such as name, author,
  publisher, and date published.  Also, I need to know where I can get them.
  Please reply by any mean you see fit.  You can even reach me at the
  address or phone number listed below.  Thanks in advance.

  Tan Nhat Dao
  6501 William Cannon Drive West
  Austin, Texas 78735-8598
  (512) 440-2926

baum@apple.UUCP (11/05/87)

--------
[]
>In article <1037@oakhill.UUCP> tan@oakhill.UUCP (Tan Nhat Dao) writes:
>Hello netland:
>  This is my first posting so please bear with me.
>  I am looking for a book or books on computer math algorithms and the
>  architectures to implement them.  Specifically, I need algorithms and
>  techniques for floating point operations such as multiply, divide, add,
>  subtract, square root, and others such as transcendental functions, etc.
>  The architectures should include Booth's recode, Wallace tree, etc.
>  I need all pertinent information about the book(s) such as name, author,
>  publisher, and date published.  Also, I need to know where I can get them.
>  Please reply by any mean you see fit.  You can even reach me at the
>  address or phone number listed below.  Thanks in advance.
>
>  Tan Nhat Dao
>  6501 William Cannon Drive West
>  Austin, Texas 78735-8598
>  (512) 440-2926

Here are four to start with:

Computer Arithmetic: Principles, Architecture and Design
1979 Kai Hwang (J. Wiley & Sons)

Digital Computer Arithmetic, Design and Implementation
1984 Joseph J.F. Cavanagh (McGraw Hill)

Computer Arithmetic: Logic and Design
1981 Otto Spaniol (J. Wiley & Sons)

Intoduction to Arithmetic for Digital Systems Designers
1982 Schlomo Waser and Michael Flynn (CBS College Publishing)

--
{decwrl,hplabs,ihnp4}!nsc!apple!baum		(408)973-3385

eugene@pioneer.arpa (Eugene Miya N.) (11/06/87)

Don't forget
Donald E. Knuth, The Art of Computer Programming, volume 2,
Semi-Numerical Algorithms, Chapter 4.

From the Rock of Ages Home for Retired Hackers:

--eugene miya, NASA Ames Research Center, eugene@ames-aurora.ARPA
  "Send mail, avoid follow-ups.  If enough, I'll summarize."
  {hplabs,hao,ihnp4,decwrl,allegra,tektronix}!ames!aurora!eugene

hal@gvax.cs.cornell.edu (Hal Perkins) (11/07/87)

Also:
	Computer Number Systems and Arithmetic
	Norman R. Scott